|Every amateur radio operator must do three things in their life...
1: Go to Dayton, 2: Visit ARRL Headquarters, 3: Attend the
Muscatine County Fairgrounds
101 N Clay Street
West Liberty, Iowa
West Liberty is:
45 miles west of the Quad Cities;
17 miles northwest of Muscatine;
and 15 miles east of Iowa City.
Gates Open At 7:00 A.M.
Gate admission: $7.00 with
1 door prize drawing entry.
14 & under, free admission.
Visitors using Interstate 80 should exit south at exit 259.
The Fairgrounds are just south of the business district.
Repeaters: 146.31/91, 192.8 Hz CTCSS
On-site: 146.16/76, no tone
License Exam Contact:
Hamfest Coordinator &
C. Scott Richardson NØMRZ
Inside Table Contact:
1109 1st Ave.
Muscatine, IA 52761
Phone (563) 506-0304
Make checks payable to
Southeast Iowa Hamfest
- Outside Flea Market space FREE with admission
- Outside electrical hookup (fee required)
- Saturday evening pre-hamfest Wiener and Brat Roast at 6:00 p.m.
- Wiener meal - $5.00 adults; $3.00 children - 12 years old & under.
- Brat meal - $6.00 adults; $4.00 children - 12 years old & under.
- Commercial vendors
- Extensive drive-in Flea Market
- Amateur Radio license exams, see below
- QSL checking
- DXCC, VUCC, WAS, and WAC applications.
- Requires filled out application and stamped envelope to mail it to the ARRL.
- Overnight parking & camping, $10.00 fairgrounds fee
- Electricity available on site
- New radios, antennas and test equipment
- Dealers with wire, cable, connectors and more
- Computers, peripherals & software available in Flea Market
- CB equipment available in Flea Market
- Food & beverage on grounds
- Door prizes!
- Grand Prize Drawing at 1:00 pm!
Jerry Schroder Jr., KCØWWV
1815 F Avenue
Muscatine, IA 52761
Phone (563) 607-0793
Testing on Sunday
in the Midway Pavilion
Starts at 9:30 a.m.
No test after
- FCC License Exams for all classes. Walk-ins welcome.
- NCVEC Form 605 must be completed by the candidate and will be provided.
It also may be downloaded from the ARRL VEC
- Examinees must present personal picture ID (no exceptions).
- If licensed, bring original and photocopy of current FCC license and/or
- Exam fee as allowed by FCC.
Last updated November 1, 2017.